mhonarc-users

TIMEZONE defaults

1998-11-20 02:47:31

I looked for official sounding timezone code and documents at
http://www.bsdi.com/date, and found it incomprehensible. Instead I
just used the list from the Adventists (mentioned earlier)

Java 1.2 has a method java.util.TimeZone.getAvailableIDs() which may
be a good source. Java tends to be pretty uptight about following
standards for this sort of thing. (And if you run this on a recent
Solaris maybe you'll at least get a POSIX list) Of course Java 1.2
final isn't out yet and I can't find out an more from the
documentation.

Anyway, at least now my logs will be a little less cluttered (AEST and
MET were the most common offenders.)

Jeff

<TimeZones>
AHDT:9