mhonarc-users

Re: MAXSIZE - poor man's windowing

1998-12-29 21:58:49
On December 29, 1998 at 15:28, Jeff Breidenbach wrote:

However, I'm thinking of another possbibility. With MAXSIZE, new
messages are added, and, if necessary old ones are deleted.  However,
if a MAXSIZE variant were to only delete entries in the the database,
and not erase the html files, we'd still get the speed advantages of a
small database. It would also allow me to keep the old message pages
around.

The modifications to do it are simple.  The routine delmsg() in
mhamain.pl is what is used to delete a message from an archive.
Until an "official" change is available, you can modify the
routine to skip the file deletion.  If you use -rmm, then you
will need to conditionalize file deletion based on auto-deletion
or explicit deletion.

        --ewh

----
Earl Hood