mhonarc-users

Re: SUBJECTSTRIPCODE and SUBJECREPLYRXP

1999-01-21 12:35:39
On Thu, 21 Jan 1999 07:42:53 -0800 (PST), Earl Hood
<earlhood(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com>
wrote:

My list's prefix is [Crossword] so I have this in my rcfile:

<SUBJECTSTRIPCODE>
s/^\[Crossword\]\s*//;
</SUBJECTSTRIPCODE>

This works for a message like
[Crossword] Turn #51a
but fails on
Re: [Crossword] Turn #51a

Another possible, and quick-n-dirty, solution is:

<SubjectStripCode>
s/\[Crossword\]\s*//;
</SubjectStripCode>

That's perfect -- and so simple, I want to smack myself for not thinking of
it.  (I know too little Perl and regexp to be anything but dangerous.)
Many thanks.

--
* Frank J. Perricone * hawthorn(_at_)sover(_dot_)net *
http://www.sover.net/~hawthorn