mhonarc-users

Re: Omitting dum[my|b] messages when converting archives

1999-07-19 09:53:49
Sadly not - <sample>

From MAILER-DAEMON Mon Jul 19 13:22:20 1999
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 13:22:20 +0100 (BST)
From: Mail System Internal Data
<MAILER-DAEMON(_at_)sumh1(_dot_)rdg(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk>
Subject: DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE -- FOLDER INTERNAL DATA

This text is part of the internal format of your mail folder, and is not
a real message.  It is created automatically by the mail system software.
If deleted, important folder data will be lost, and it will be re-created
with the data reset to initial values.

</sample>
   Actually I think the message is created by pine, but in any case
it's done when I save messages to a folder so procmail wouldn't help.

procmail could still be a solution.  Instead of calling MHonArc directly,
call procmail.

i.e.

   '| /usr/bin/procmail -m /etc/mail/mhonarc.procmailrc'

if you add in realtime (via -add or somesuch), or

   'formail -s procmail -m /etc/mail/mhonarc.procmailrc < mbox'

if you're processing an entire mailbox at a time.

/etc/mail/mhonarc.procmailrc might look something like

   MHONARC="/usr/local/bin/mhonarc"
   MHONARCARGS="-add -nolock"

   :0
   * ! ^Subject: DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE -- FOLDER INTERNAL DATA
   | $MHONARC $MHONARCARGS

Or like you said, preprocess with perl or sed.  I'm not sed-aware
enough to do that, so

   | perl -pe 's:^(Subject\:.*DELETE THIS MESSAGE -- FOLDER INTERNAL
DATA$):$1\nX-no-archive\: yes:g' | mhonarc ...

should work just as well.

Chris