mhonarc-users

Re: attachement zip/tar/tgz

1999-08-09 18:07:38
On August 9, 1999 at 13:42, Jos Huisken wrote:

What I would like is, when an attachment is a .zip, .tar,
.tar.gz or something like that, that it is automatically
unpacked and placed in the "subdir", providing links to these
files in the mail archive.
I use the subsir option.

I have to ask, "Do you really want to do this?"

Anyone wrote something to help me out? I'm not a perl expert
thus I hope somethings pops up!

I do not know of anything that has been developed.  Probably since
doing it is highly unadvisable.

With that said, if you are not familiar with Perl, you'll need to get
someone who can do the work for you if the need is important enough.
You'll also need to have tar, gzip, and unzip around.  Performance
can be an issue if your list has high volume.

I guess if the mail you are archiving is part of a closed/internal
list, where senders can be trusted, what you want can be justified.