mhonarc-users

Re: Exclude Majordomo message footer?

1999-09-10 12:12:06
Thanks Earl and Al. Since I'm not using Procmail, and have access to
only one Majordomo list, I chose to create a filter.

Earl Hood wrote:

You'll have to create a custom filter function, see MIMEFILTERS
for details.  You can use the text/plain filter as a template.

I simply copied mhtxtplain.pl, renamed it and added the strip code. Then
I exchanged the default line

        text/plain;m2h_text_plain::filter;mhtxtplain.pl

in the MIMEFILTERS element for

        text/plain;qrarc_text_plain::filter;qrarc-txtplain.pl

i.e. so that it refers to the just mentioned modified file. Is that what
you mean with using the text/plain filter as a template?

I'd put the stripping code at the beginning of the function
before any other conversion processing is done.

I put it after line 192 in mhtxtplain.pl. Essentially the code consists
of:

        $data =~ s/FOOTERTEXT//g;

Gunnar

Phone:  +46 70 5508110       Internet:  mailbox(_at_)gunnar(_dot_)cc
Fax:    +46 70 6108110                  http://www.gunnar.cc