mhonarc-users

Re: The problem is representing the "Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 [.....] N" ...

1999-09-25 19:12:15
On September 25, 1999 at 17:03, "Yu Wei Jian" wrote:

By modifying the code.  There are some subtle issues that arise with
supporting such functionality.  I can spell out what one has to consider
to support such functionality if anyone is interested.  You can
check out
<http://www.xray.mpe.mpg.de/mailing-lists/mhonarc/1999-08/msg00084.html>
(message-id =
<199908292009(_dot_)NAA16986(_at_)medusa(_dot_)acs(_dot_)uci(_dot_)edu>).

Do you mean that we should add such a function to deal with the following
page structure:

<ListEnd>
<UL>$PGLINK(PREV10)$&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;$PGLINK(CURR10)$&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb
sp;$PGLINK(NEXT10)$</UL><BR>
</ListEnd>

If you check the thread where the above referenced message is part
of, you can create a partial solution to what you want.  The only
thing is that you will not get "insensitive/na" links, and you
can only use relative link text instead of absolute page numbers.

But in which program deal with such tags? Or may I compose another CGI
to deal with such them?

A first step is to create a resource variable that allows you to
specify a range of page numbers, and it will generated a canned
list of page index links, trimming when nearing the boundaries.
A possible example:

        $PGLINKLIST(3;3)$

The first argument specifies how many previous pages (from the current
page) to provide direct links to, and the second argument specifies how
many following pages to provide direct links to.

A complimentary resource should then be created to specify the
minimum number of previous pages from the last page to update when
a new index page is added.  This will allow someone to disable
USINGLASTPG for performance reasons, but allow end pages to get
updated to rewrite $PGLINKLIST$ to reflect the new page.

Of course, a CGI program, or SSI, could be developed to give what you
want.

I'll take a look into what it will take to add something like
$PGLINKLIST$.  You have sparked my interest.