mhonarc-users

Re: Freshmeat announce

2000-03-01 16:50:45
On March 1, 2000 at 20:01, someone wrote:

How come you do not announce the MHonArc releases on FreshMeat?

Why should I?

I've been doing MHonArc before FreshMeat existed, and I prefer to
not to complicate the announcement process of new releases (along
with subsidizing a now-commercial venture with no benefit to myself).

It appears that others have been puting MHonArc release announcements
on FreshMeat, and if others have the time to do it, I have no
problems with it.

I am not going to get into the business of tracking all software
listing web sites that I "should" send updates to everytime I
want to make a release.   The only other forum beyond the list
that I personally send a message to is comp.lang.perl.announce, and
only for non-minor releases, usually.