mhonarc-users

Re: .mhonarc.lck

2000-03-30 13:51:59
On March 30, 2000 at 10:19, "Christopher A. Adams" wrote:

I have an archive directory that has a .mhonarc.lck directory. I deleted
it, but it is recreated each time. What is the reason for this and how can
I prevent it?

The reason is to make sure multiple mhonarc processes are not trying
to edit an archive at the same time, which will lead to archive
corruption.

If you disable locking, make sure you completely understand what
you are doing.  I recommend reading the LOCKMETHOD resource page
of the documentation, and the resources referenced in the See Also
section to help understand archive locking.