mhonarc-users

Re: Bug in v2.4.6?

2000-07-15 19:33:08
On July 15, 2000 at 03:37, "SysAdmin, dte.net" wrote:

I decided to remove the header information entirely from one of my archives,
so I specified the following in my resource file:

<Excs Override>
.
</Excs>

Later, I decided against it and removed the above from the resource file,
but MHonArc still removes the headers on all new messages it processes! I
tried using the -editidx switch once to see if that would do it, but no
luck. It seems the only way to reverse this would be to delete the database
and then uses MHonArc's db recover.

Am I missing something here?

Remember, MHonArc saves resource settings in the db. So even if
you remove it from the resource file you pass to mhonarc, the
setting is still stored in the db and applied to messages.  If
you want to reinstate the default, just use the following:

<Excs Override>
content-
errors-to
forward
lines
message-id
mime-
nntp-
originator
path
precedence
received
replied
return-path
status
via
x-
</Excs>

You can put it in a temporary resource file, and quickly apply
it to your archives with the mha-dbedit utility if you do not want
to put the setting in your regular resource file.