mhonarc-users

Re: Question about message headers

2000-07-18 17:14:58
On July 8, 2000 at 14:19, "SysAdmin, dte.net" wrote:
Can the message header info for each message page be modified by resource
elements? I don't see a reference to it in the docs:

Earl Hood wrote:
For excluding fields, see EXCS.  For controling the order fields are
displayed, see FIELDORDER.  To control layout, see FIELDSBEG and
related resources listed in the See Also section.

Earl:

Would it be possible to expand on the information about the "Converted
Message Header" element in the MHonArc documentation like you have in
the others?
(http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/MHonArc/doc/layout.html#msgpg)

If you were to expand on this information, it might be nice to see a
page like the ones created for MHonArc's other resources:

SYNTAX

Envariable

      N/A

Element

      N/A

Command-line Option

      N/A

DESCRIPTION

      The Converted Message Header is not accessable but can be affected by
the resources that it utilizes.

DEFAULT SETTING

      N/A

RESOURCE VARIABLES

  FIELDORDER  Order to display message header fields.
  FIELDSBEG   Beginning markup of message header.
  FIELDSEND   Ending markup of message header.
  FIELDSTYLES Define HTML elements that wrap field text of message headers.
  FLDBEG      Markup before field text.
  FLDEND      Markup after field text.
  LABELBEG    Beginning markup of the label text of a message field.
  LABELEND    End markup of the label text of a message field.
  LABELSTYLES Define HTML elements to wrap message header field labels.

EXAMPLES

Layout:
<Fieldsbeg>
 ...markup...
</FieldsBeg>

  <LabelBeg>
   ...markup...
  </LabelBeg>

    <FldBeg>
     ...markup...
    </FldBeg>

    <FldEnd>
     ...markup...
    </FldEnd>

  <LabelEnd>
   ...markup...
  </LabelEnd>

<FieldsEnd>
 ...markup...
</FieldsEnd>

I believe that this would be very useful.

Thanks a _million_ for everything that you've already done. I hope that
this can help to make it even better.

--
Eric P.
SunPS Web Infrastructure Team