mhonarc-users

Re: Newbie questions

2000-09-14 11:13:10
On September 13, 2000 at 22:01, "Simeon Nevel" wrote:

P.S. I'm still looking for a platform independent search engine I
could include in a CD-Rom version of my archives if anyone as any
ideas.

If you know of a search engine built with Java, you should be able
to get what you want.  You can develop a web interface to it using
Java servlets and HTML.  To run the servlets, you can use the Tomcat
server engine (per Java), which is free.

So the only requirement is to have the JVM on the system, but you
could bundle the JRE on the CDROM itself so users would not have
to install Java themselves.