mhonarc-users

Re: An archiver which generates dynamic contents

2001-02-06 16:57:33
On February 6, 2001 at 16:05, Alain T sio wrote:

I read from Earl that mhonarc can't evolve that way, and
I really don't like perl so even if it's a waste I can't
reuse stuff from mhonarc, I preferred that.

I never said "can't".  But I did say it would take some redesign.
The issue is how much of the current code base can be modified
to support hooks into external systems like an RDBMS.  Or, if
a redesign should be done.  MHonArc is an old program, so it does
suffer from its Perl 4 heritage.