thanks for your reply.
At 14:21 13.02.01 -0800, Giz wrote:
The regex s/// is doing the substitution one time. Add a /g at the end
should make the substition global. So:
I hope this works for you :)
Sorry, it didn't. No change.
You may have a look at
which shows the current fragments of the future site.
Maybe I should mention, that I pipe the mails directly in sendmail's
aliases file into MHonArc.
Keep in mind, that it will also replace any other instances of the
in the subject, so if someone's message was
"I'm having problems with THELIST", then that will be changed to "I'm
No problems with that. Who would use the brackets [xx] in the subject?
I suppose a more sophisticated regex might be able to look
for the re: first, and only replace in those instances, but I'll leave
for someone better at regex than myself.
Hoping to find that "someone". ;)
This should be possible. I don't think, that my setup is so special. I
would wonder, if not somebody had had the same problem already.
Behalf Of Stefan Probst
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 5:53 AM
To: Earl Hood
Subject: Re: Threading problem
first thanks for MHonArc. Even me lefthander, on a remote virtual server,
got it running... :)
I found your post in the archives.
works fine for the first message in a thread.
The second message gets treated as a thread (i.e. the "Re:" is
recognized), but the [List-Name] is there again:
* the subject
* Re: [List-Name] the subject
^---- there is a space
Both in the main index and also in the thread index.
How can do?
Stefan in Hanoi
PS: Pls. cc to me, since I am not in the list.
On Sat, 25 Sep 1999, Earl Hood wrote:
> On September 22, 1999 at 19:00, Serge Patrick KAPTO wrote:
> > [List-Name] Subject
> > [List-Name] Re: Subject
> > I've used SUBJECTSTRIPCODE as follows.
> > <SUBJECTSTRIPCODE>
> > s/^\[List-Name\]//;
> ------------------^ Need a \s*
> > </SUBJECTSTRIPCODE>
> > It removes the list name from the subject lines, but fails to
> > thread problems. The explanation may be that the messages are
> > before the regexp is applied.
> The default SUBJECTREPLYRXP does not handle leading
> your SUBJECTSTRIPCODE did not strip out the space after the
> list-name, SUBJECTREPLYRXP has no affect.
> > I've also tried SUBJECTREPLYRXP as follows
> > <SUBJECTREPLYRXP>
> > ^\s*\[List-Name\]\s*(sv|fwd|fw)[\[\]\d]*[:>-]+\s*
> > </SUBJECTREPLYRXP>
> This one is a little harder to get the desired effect. For one,
> you leave out the ability to match "re", and it will not match
> against non-replies. This should work:
> The fixed SUBJECTSTRIPCODE is much cleaner.