mhonarc-users

Re: MHonArc and multi-byte characters in HTML

2001-09-30 17:39:17
On September 29, 2001 at 16:26, Koichi Nakatani wrote:

I have assembled a patch for MHonArc 2.5.0b2.  There is an increasing
demand to handle Japanese HTML messages correctly,  and I exploited
Jcode.pm (http://openlab.ring.gr.jp/Jcode/) to do the job.

I hope this functionality will be merged into the regular distribution
as a configurable option.

Since I am unable to evaluate the correctness of Japanese-related
processing (since I do not know Japanese :-( ), can you help verify
the following:

. Your patch does not break current uses of the Japanese character
  support.  I.e. What you have added is not specified to a particular
  Japanese character set or usage domain and breaks existing usage.

. Can you modify code so if Jcode does not exist, Perl does not abort
  with a fatal error?  Or, should we bundle a copy of Jcode with
  MHonArc?

Thanks for the contributions.  If the above items are answered, I
can include your contributions into 2.5.0.