mhonarc-users

convert single message w/database

2002-05-19 09:30:04
Hello,

This is a tentative feature request.

When MHonArc creates message page files it includes links to other messages generated from the database. In contrast there is the "-single" option for converting a lone email into HTML which doesn't provide such links. Something in the middle of these two cases would be useful. In other words, I'd like to dynamically generate exactly the HTML that MHonArc normally puts into files, using only the original email text and the database. The purpose would be to eliminate the disk space for the HTML files. This would make sense for archives with a large message count and/or low retrieval rate.

I'm aware that the original text messages can be discarded after HTML conversion, but throwing away the originals almost never seems like a good idea. The text messages also have an advantage in that they can be stored in a single file (mbox format as is) and picked out as needed, saving substantial disk slack.

There's likely some issue I'm overlooking.

Regards,
-John Belmonte

--
OpenPGP encrypted mail welcome.