mhonarc-users

text/plain mail in DOS format files double spaced

2002-08-20 09:07:47
I'm running MHonArc on Windows and the HTML results for
text/plain messages have an extra line in them, perhaps because
they are DOS format. They look OK in vim and less, so presumably
they are just ordinary <CR><LF> line endings.

Interestingly enough, format=flowed messages don't have the extra
lines.

The relevant part of the mhtxtplain.pl looks like it is around
line 389, where the <pre> tags are placed around the text.

At line 384, there is the code:
     $$data =~ s/(\r?\n)/<br>$1/g;

If I put,
     $$data =~ s/(\r?\n)/\n/g;

in before line 389, do you think it will look any better.

The only problem I will have with this if it works, is that it is
a hack at the wrong level. I need to write a filter, is it? But
this is not a MIME thing, I think.

If I decide to run MHonArc with my cygwin compiled perl with
Unix-mode file endings, I still want the code to work.

--
Greg Matheson                    Anyone who doesn't make mistakes
Chinmin College                  isn't trying hard enough.