mhonarc-users

Re: Japanese characters in attachments?

2003-01-30 10:23:53
On January 30, 2003 at 16:47, Javi Lavandeira wrote:

Our company is using email to distribute files to employers and some
customers, using a Mailman-based mailinglist. The emails sent to the
list must be archived for web access, with their attachments. Many of
the attachments have Japanese filenames. With the latest snapshot, I
managed to display the Japanese messages correctly in UTF-8 (using the
resource file at
http://www.mhonarc.org/MHonArc/doc/rcfileexs/utf-8.mrc.html), but the
filenames in the attachments are not converted to Unicode, and are
displayed as garbage in the web archive.

Is there any way to solve this problem?

If using the snapshot build, you could try the utf-8-encode.mrc
file to see if it will solve your problem.

If not, could you provide me (via private mail) an example
message that illustrates the problem.  Hmmm, thinking about, could
you provide me an example message even if utf-8-encode works for
you.  It may help me determine if I have to make any changes in
how extracted header information is handled.