mhonarc-users

Re: spam-proofing my mhonarc archive

2003-02-15 16:46:32
On February 15, 2003 at 12:37, Mark Stosberg wrote:

1. Protect .mhonarc.db
First, I noticed that my ".mhonarc.db" was web-visible, and it
contained a handy list of e-mail addresses that could be grabbed by a
e-mail harvester. My first task was to move this out of web-space. Mhonarc no
supports this directly. I just had to move the file, and update my
.qmail file to add

      -dbfile /path/to/new/.mhonarc.db

The FAQ mentions about .mhonarc.db.  Also, in v2.6.0, the file
permissions for .mhonarc.db are no longer world readable, by default,
and can be controled by the DBFILEPERMS resource.