mhonarc-users

OtherIndexes breaks existing setup

2003-04-16 14:38:06

Hi,

I had been using a single rcfile to generate date-based and threaded
archive pages and all was well. Then I decided to add an author index
and somehow broke my setup.

I added
      <OtherIndexes>
      /full/path/to/author.mrc
      </OtherIndexes>
to my main rcfile. author.mrc is a bare-bones file based mostly on the
example in the documentation for the AUTHORBEGIN resource.

Just to be sure, I deleted the .mhonarc.db file and all the generated
files from the outdir and ran my 'create_archive.pl' script.

No date indexes are generated and the mail??.html files are now
author-indexes. I had never used <MAIN> or '-main' earlier but
its presence (or absence) does not make a difference.

The output says:

:
Writing thrd16.html ...
Writing thrd17.html ...
Writing database ...
Reading resource file: author.mrc ...
Writing author.html ...
Writing mail2.html ...
Writing mail3.html ...
:
:

where mail2.html etc. are all author indexes.

I can't figure out what I did wrong and would appreciate any pointers.

Thanks,
Harshal

--
 http://www.mumbai-central.com : Where Mumbaikars meet