Re: first commit from me.

2002-07-02 13:49:01
Hey guys .... a word.

Yes, I've been tied up with Real Work(tm), but here's what's happening in
a very short order:

- I've created the mailing list
nmh-commits(_at_)mail(_dot_)freesoftware(_dot_)fsf(_dot_)org,
  and it should be in place in less than two hours from now (so the
  email from Savannah tells me).  I'm finishing up the stuff to send out
  email on commits, and you should be able to sign up once the list has
  been created.  I don't know if it will be aliased to
nmh-commits(_at_)gnu(_dot_)org(_dot_)

- I'm going to start cleaning up the copyrights on all of the files, as
  per the request from the Savannah people (later tonight).

- I think everyone who asked is now a developer for nmh (the only outstanding
  person that I know of was Valdis, and I added him today).  If you did
  send me email and didn't hear from me, well, send it again or feel free
  to lambast me publically :-)

- Mike, your patch looks fine ... but please hold off, because I want to
  do a branch for the upcoming release, and I don't want any new features
  in that release.  We're way overdue for a new release, and I'd like to
  start doing release canidates next week.  Only bug fixes for 1.1, please
  (I'm even holding off doing the SASL v2 work that I've desperately wanted
  to get done).  Once I do the branch for 1.1, then feel free to commit
  your change to the mainline.

- I think SSL/TLS support would be cool; I did the SASL support because that's
  what we use here, but I know plenty of people use SSL/TLS.  Anyone should
  feel free to do the work.  I don't know of anyone working on it, but
  if they are, then speak up.