[Nmh-workers] Bug with dot locking in 1.1?

2003-10-22 15:30:04
When running under mh-e, I set the MHCONTEXT environment variable to
/dev/null.  This prevents my mh-e context from confusing my command line
context.

With 1.1 this breaks things.  With the default dot locking, this causes
lkopen_dot() to call lockit() which tries to mkstemp() a file in /dev
which I'm sure fails due to permission problems.  This results in
lkopen_dot() sleeping and looping.

I understand why this was done, but I think that the ability to set the
context to /dev/null is a useful and not unknown feature.  Any ideas on
how we can insure this continues to work?

Thanks.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey C. Honig <jch(_at_)honig(_dot_)net>
http://www.honig.net/jch