Re: [Nmh-workers] quotes in personal names

2003-12-14 10:30:04
    Date:        Sun, 14 Dec 2003 15:51:11 +0000
    From:        Ralph Corderoy <ralph(_at_)inputplus(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>

  | If the quotes are removed then shouldn't the \X become X where possible
  | so `From: "abc\def" <foo(_at_)bar(_dot_)com>' would frienderly be `abcdef'
and not
  | `abc\def'?

Yes, that's what I thought I said - but if it didn't happen, I doubt
anyone would ever notice (have you ever seen a \ used in a quoted string?)

  | I guess I'm arguing for the double quotes to remain unless effort is
  | expended to `do it right',

Done right would be better - but this is just a scan display, the name
is simply truncated if wider than N columns, worrying about unexpanding it
perfectly is pretty silly when you then simply slash the result.

kre