I am pleased to announce the release of nmh 1.5. It is available for
There are a large number of changes in this release; the release notes
(see the NEWS file in the distribution) have more detail, but here are some
- comp, forw, and dist now process all drafts through mh-format(5)
and now suport new command line arguments -from, -to, -cc, -fcc,
- Nmh's idea of the local mailbox is now configurable via a new profile
- post now requires a â??From:â?? header in all message that it processes.
All components files have been adjusted to include an
appropriate â??From:â?? header by default. The release notes have more
information on how this transition will affect users.
- The -attach option is now the default for send (using the header
Nmh-Attachment) and -attachformat 1 is the default attachment type.
- Command editing and filename completion (via readline) is now
available in whatnow
- Support for using an external command to filter the body of a message
through in mhl. See mhl(1) for more details, specifically the format
keyword, the formatproc entry in mh-profile(5), and the -fmtproc switch
for mhl and repl.
- Preliminary support for improved MIME handling when replying to
messages. Yes, a long requested feature has a solution, and it can be
used by higher-level interfaces such as exmh and MH-E. See the release
notes and docs/contrib/replyfilter for more information.
Thanks to all of the hard work of all of the contributors, and to
everyone who tried out the release candidates and gave feedback; it
is much appreciated.
As always, please send your feedback to nmh-workers(_at_)nongnu(_dot_)org.
on behalf of the nmh development team
Nmh-workers mailing list