[Nmh-workers] Clang Static Analyzer run results

2014-04-11 18:27:18
I have been running the CSA against the code base, and it has been pointing out
some questionable code paths, along with a few outright bugs.  You can see the
results at https://orthanc.ca/nmh/csa/ (it uses a self-signed SSL cert).  I
haven't examined all the reports yet, and I am not convinced they are all bugs,
but they do deserve review and discussion.

I have already whacked down the most obvious bugs (not listed in the reports
list), and will start patching up the remainder after Ken cuts the 1.6 release
branch in git (hint hint :-).

But it would be good to get some additional eyeballs on those code paths to
determine if these really are bugs.  In several cases we're dealing with "this
really shouldn't happen" events that can be 'fixed' with the simple insertion
of an assert().  Others might reflect real bugs that need a fix.

--lyndon