Re: [Nmh-workers] mhfixmsg refuses to decode binary content

2014-04-13 15:24:26
Jerrad wrote:

It recreates text/plain alternative parts for me, and sometimes
creates new ones, but it fails to create them for HTML parts
with long lines, as Ken recapped above.

It turns out that the failure was not due to long lines, but to
non-ASCII characters in what was supposed to be an ASCII html page.
I just added diagnostics to mhfixmsg for this.  It will now output
something like (the strerror message may vary):

    mhfixmsg: 1394 part 1, insert text/plain part
    mhfixmsg: 1394 part 1.1, will not decode because it is binary (line length
998)
    mhfixmsg: 1394 part 1.2, failed to convert US-ASCII to UTF-8 iconv: Invalid
or incomplete multibyte or wide character

Its exit status will remain -1 due to the charset conversion
failure.  Failure to decode to binary does not change the
exit status.

The 8-bit characters start at byte 164,833 in the message.

David