Re: [Nmh-workers] Patch: backup prefix assumption corrections

2014-04-17 19:38:02
Attached is a patch to fix the previously reported test errors that had
hardcoded , en lieu of `mhparam sbackup` I commented out the existing
test in test-mhparam, but could not figure out what environment variable
might contain the configured value to incorporate it into the same
heredoc test as everything else. However, since it is used in so many
other test via the backtick execution, it's arguably redundant.

Also, although I did not encounter this when building from the RC1
tarball, I started getting this error using my local clone:

If you would be willing to make a couple of changes, specifically:

- Pass down the value of BACKUP_PREFIX into the test environment.  You
  can look at other examples to see how this is done: you want to
  call AC_SUBST() on BACKUP_PREFIX in configure.ac, add it to the
  TESTS_ENVIRONMENT in Makefile.am, and put it in the beginning of
  test/common.sh.in.

- Use BACKUP_PREFIX instead of `mhparam sbackup`.

- Make sure you do the mhparam sbackup test you commented out in your
  patch (but it will have to be changed, obviously, but you should be
  able to use run_test with it).

I think once those things are done, it will be fine.  I don't think we can
put this into 1.6, though.