Re: [Nmh-workers] configurable part separator lines

2014-04-29 13:37:21
ken wrote:
Thanks for the work; it looks good!  Unfortunately, since we're in a
feature freeze for 1.6 I don't think it can go in there.

yup, that's fine.

Is there a reason you did colorization in your wrapper script, as
opposed to just doing it directly in the format engine?  1.6 supports
retrieving some terminal parameter strings directly from terminfo(5),
like the codes to set foreground and background color.  If it's not
useful for people I'd just like to understand where it's deficient.

to be honest, i didn't remember that i could use mh-format to apply
the color directly, and since i was already colorizing headers using
sed, i just expanded that.  i think i'd also want a unique syntax
anyway, since sometimes i want to remove the markers, not colorize
them.  (hmmm...  i suppose i could simply supply a null marker format in
that case.)

as much as i love mh, it has perhaps the most arcane and baroque
system of configuration of any program i use.  i'm willing to hack an
mh-format once in a while, but it's not my first stop for a quick fix.
so thanks for the reminder.  i'll take a look and see if doing some of
this in mh-format might be cleaner in long run.

paul