Re: [Nmh-workers] New mh-mime(7) man page

2014-07-21 23:01:56
Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:

s/conjuction/conjunction/.  I'm more used to the convention where the
first time a command is mentioned it is by man page, e.g. "mhlist(1)
will display...".  Afterwards, it's just "mhlist".  Then there is no
need to say "See the... man page" as the reference, including section,
has already been given.

   See the send(1) man page for details...

Likewise, it's "See send(1) for details".  The (1) convention means the
reader knows it's a man page.

Fair enough, I went back and forth on that.  There is not a lot of
consistency I had to go on, but I think you're right and I'll change that.
However, what do people think about the first time a command is mentioned
to give a man page reference?

I think I'd agree with Ralph. It is done that way in the bash man page.

   SEE ALSO
       nmh(7), mhbuild(1), comp(1), repl(1), whatnow(1), mh-format(5)

Missing full stop.

No, that list is not a sentence nor other form that requires a period.
If you are citing a book or article, then you would use a full stop per
the Chicago Manual of Style, for example. See the ssh man page that
shows both forms in a single SEE ALSO section.

--
Bill Wohler <wohler(_at_)newt(_dot_)com> aka
<Bill(_dot_)Wohler(_at_)nasa(_dot_)gov>