Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh internals: full MIME integration

2014-07-31 04:45:20
Hi Earl,

Would be much nicer if it travelled internally as UTF-8 and then
popped into the US-ASCII draft as

    Subject: Re: =3D?utf-8?B?wqE=3D?=3DHola world!

and into the UTF-8 draft as "Re: =C2=A1Hola world!".

But this behavior does not require the data to be stored in UTF-8.

No, agreed.  None of the recent conversation triggered by Ken's proposed
re-write of m_getfld() are talking about on-disk format.  (Though that
has come up in the past.)  By "internally", I mean conversion to/from
UTF-8 at the edges of the process during I/O.

Cheers, Ralph.