Re: [Nmh-workers] Emails being tagged as spam -- NMH solution???

2015-03-03 19:43:36
On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 15:55:41 -0500 Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>
sez:

I didn't even know about this "<address <address>>" thing until
someone on the mailing list mentioned it.

My current guess is that is causing the DKIM check failure
(also, I am pretty sure that the rewritten email address is
invalid). And this happens with the sending from the GMail web
interface, right?  If that's the case I believe the problem is
at Stanford.  I'll wait until I see your headers, but if that's
the case then maybe your best bet is to complain to the people
at Stanford (or get your Stanford contacts to complain to
them).

Actually, that's the only message so far that I know of that has
shown that effect.  It was sent using the method you helped me
set up (send(1) with SMTP instead of sendmail).  The GMail web
interface was not involved.

That said, I've seen Stanford/Proofpoint tag my emails from all 3
sending methods (sendmail, send/SMTP, web).

I'm attempting to gather more data.

I was actually going to work on a custom postproc wrapper to
send to different email servers based on my "From" header, but
you could use the same technique to send to different servers
based on the "To" address.  So if you're sending to Stanford
you could send it to sendmail, and for everyone else you could
send it via Google.

Funnily enough I was just starting to think about how to deal
with this.  My first thought was to maintain 2 .mh_profile files
and alias commands to set a soft link to the appropriate
depending on the recipient.  Essentially, I just need to "comment
out" the "send" entry in my .mh_profile.

I take it that there's an NMH-way to do this?

                                Bob