perl-unicode

Re: No phonetic scripts and still happy?

2002-03-20 14:31:05
On Thursday, March 21, 2002, at 05:54 , Nicholas Clark wrote:
By "Alphabet" you mean the Roman Alphabet?

Yes. Roman alphabet that is. But Greek Alphabet is no stranger here in Japan (They all exist in JIS X 0208). Any high school students have to learn to spell theta to mean angle (but I am not sure how many can spell all 24 of them, however). JIS X 0208 even contains Cyrillic Alphabet but this one is hardly used (I wonder why it didn't include Hebrew; At least Mathematicians use Aleph :)
  You can see them all via URL below;

http://kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~yasuoka/CJK/jisx0208-1990.gif

I can just about remember all of the Greek Alphabet (from a science
education). It was very strange going to Greece and seeing what appeared
to be mathematical formulae spray painted onto the roads. :-)
[Which were actually political graffiti, but as the cliche goes,
"it's all Greek to me" :-)]

Behold! Larry may make such perl script possible with Perl6....(Well, actually it is already available since perl 5.6.x with a little help of source filter but you have to try a little bit hard)

Dan the Man with Too Many Characters.