perl-unicode

Re: Long name rocks! But how about *.ecm?

2002-03-25 10:54:13
Dan Kogai <dankogai(_at_)dan(_dot_)co(_dot_)jp> writes:

  Okay, I am convinced that we should stick with the original, long,
user-friendly names but how about ucm-transitions?

..ucm's are (significantly?) larger than .enc - particularly is you keep
the per-character comments

  As of Encode-0.98, there are so many duped tables under Encode/ and I
want to tidy it up if possible.  Well, for this I will wait what
Sadahiro-san has to say....

Once Encode::Tcl has taken its .enc files off to a separate existance
then the duplicates can go.

  At leas euc-jp must be in *.ucm because it contains triple-bytes (JIS
X 0212), which Encode::Tcl used to handle via Encode::Tcl::Extended but
now ::Extended is gone....

Dan the Encode Maintainer
--
Nick Ing-Simmons