perl-unicode

Encode::CJKguide will be dropped

2002-03-27 00:37:30
Encode hackers,

I needed some sleep after I have posted Encode::CJKguide. It was around 09:00 JST (00:00 zulu). It is now 16:30 JST and I am back on console....

On Wednesday, March 27, 2002, at 09:44 , Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
This is a honest suggestion: please drop the CJKGuide as it is now
from Encode.  Why?  This is obviously going to be a discussion with
lots of strong opinions-- and frankly, I do not want that to happen
and take place now, delaying Perl 5.8.0.  If you want to have it in
the Encode CPAN distribution later, fine, but as the text now stands
it is far from balanced.  I'm sorry.

I can only agree. I find it almost impossible to make it politically correct enough to make it part of perl. My thanks and apologies to Anton and others for spellchecks and collection. Of course I won't let the work this deep go unwasted. I will open a web page based upon that....

On the other hand, I can certainly see that Jungshik Shin's Korean
expertise will be very useful.

It certainly is. Now I feel much more confortable that the last piece of CJK is finally filled (well, Autrijus is a Taiwanese (correct me if I am wrong; you live in Taipei at least, your cute web page says) so if you differenciate Continental China form Taiwan, we still have yet another representative for "C").
  Welcome to the list, Jungshik!

Dan the Encode Maintainer