perl-unicode

Re: a new patch for 2022_KR.pm

2002-03-28 06:14:39
On Thursday, March 28, 2002, at 08:17 , Jungshik Shin wrote:
  Dan,

  Sorry again. Hopefully, this is the last one. The decoder
still has a problem when used in a stream.

   Cheers,

   Jungshik

All three of them carefully studied, patched agains Encode-0.99 then merged back to Encode-current (my repository). Hmm. Euro Sign was missing, huh?

I have still left the canonical name for 'ksc5601' to 'ksc5601-raw' to be consistent with other CJK. For those not registered by IANA as "preferred MIME name" and that does not make up a whole Coded Caracter Set are appended by '-raw'. So far 'gb2312-raw' and 'ksc5601-raw' are the ones. There would've been 'jisx02(01|08|12)-raw' as well but they are all dropped from the dist because I have gathered we don't need it.

Maybe we should drop raw CJK encodings altogether and save some space -- unless they are needed for font handlings in Tcl. If so I may need to add 'jisx02(01|08|12)-raw' back in but so far as I see that is not the case....

So far as I grok none of the -raw encodings are used in practice.

Kamsahamnida!

Dan the Encode Maintainer