perl-unicode

[Encode] 1.31 released

2002-04-08 12:00:59
On Tuesday, April 9, 2002, at 02:38 , Dan Kogai wrote:
Promised changes in 1.31 is right after my sig.

I am grateful to release ver. 1.31 of Encode as promised, available

        http://www.dan.co.jp/~dankogai/Encode-1.31.tar.gz

And CPAN. The diff against perl-current is just 707 lines, which is available at

        http://www.dan.co.jp/~dankogai/current-1.31.diff.gz

The most important change is that %Encode::ExtModule, a hash that controls demand loading of modules was externalized to Encode::Config.pm. Now what module will be loaded when what encoding is in need is *explicitly* stated there. This alone is worth a patch.

This module was tested as follows

                                        As Module               With Perl Core
(*)
FreeBSD-4.5-STABLE              OK                      OK
MacOS X 10.1.3          OK                      OK (Except for DB_File)
Cygwin                          OK                      testing

(*) after MANIFEST is fixed,
../Configure -Dprefix=$HOME -DDEBUGGING -Dusedevel -desO && make test

Detailed Changelog after the sig.

Dan the Encode Maintainer

1.31 $Date: 2002/04/08 18:08:07 $
! lib/Encode/Encoder.pm
+ t/Encoder.t
  Encode::Encoder, once just a placeholder of an idea, is now much more
  practical.  See t/Encode.t to find how practical it can be.
+ lib/Encode/Config.pm
! Encode.pm
  my false laziness at Encode.pm is fixed.  Now %ExtModules are set
  in Encode::Config and they are all literally, not programatically
  set.  My false laziness was resulting many encodings missing from
  %ExtModules.
! lib/Encode/Unicode.pm
! t/Unicode.t
  BOM for 32LE was bogus as noted by Anton.  t/Unicode.t is fixed
  so that it does not rely Encode::Unicode for BOM values