perl-unicode

utf8 Flag in mod_perl

2004-10-05 17:30:10
Greetings,

I've been having some discussions with the mod_perl developers about preserving the utf8 flag on Perl strings in various operations. These include escape_html(), which seems to remove the utf8 flag (or at least to totally hork a string with the flag turned on), and APR::Table. I would be grateful for any feedback from folks on how best to handle these issues. The relevant discussions are archived here:

  I report the escape_html() issue:
http:/​​/​​www.mail-archive.com/​​dev​​%40perl.apache.org/​​ msg08065.html

  I request that the issue be addressed in Apache 2's escape_html():
   http://www.mail-archive.com/dev%40perl.apache.org/msg08419.html

  Boris Zentner requests that utf8 be preserved by APR::Table:

Thanks!

David