reject list in procmail

1996-08-02 07:56:00
Here is what I use to reject messages from accounts or domains that
I do not want to see:

SENDER=`formail -rtzx To:`

:0 h
* ? test -f ~/.procmail.reject
* ? echo "$SENDER" | fgrep -s -f ~/.procmail.reject
    /dev/null
}

where ~/.procmail.reject is a newline delimited list of accounts
and domains that I do not ever want to hear from, like:

someone(_at_)domain(_dot_)com
anotherdomain.com

which would send anything from someone(_at_)domain(_dot_)com to /dev/null, and
anything from any user at anotherdomain.com to /dev/null. Useful for
filtering annoying harassment junk mail from both domains and users
that won't respond to email telling them to stop. For those that use
procmail as a replacement for rmail, it works very nice, since you can
filter junk mail for your entire network.

        John

--

John Conover, 631 Lamont Ct., Campbell, CA., 95008, USA.
VOX 408.370.2688, FAX 408.379.9602