splitting copies of my accepted posts

1996-08-08 10:44:03

The NeXT newsgroups can be accessed by email, which is the way I
normally post to them, because they send a confirmation of posting.

The confirmation is a message saying that my message was posted
without any errors, and then quotes the message for me in its
entirety.

What I would like to do is take these confirmations and put a copy
of my post (not the message) into a mailbox.

I've tried splitting the mailbox like this:

cat posts | formail +1 -des >> newposts

which splits each message into two, but I don't want the first part
of the message.  Here's an example of what I mean:

[I put that space in front of the "From uucp", normally of course
it would be against the left margin]

 From uucp(_at_)antigone(_dot_)com  Mon Aug  5 23:08:53 1996