Re: Simple recipe question

1996-08-27 00:30:18

Guy Geens wrote:

You are missing a * after the square brakets. Furthermore, you
shouldn't use .* after ^TO, as ^TO already ends in something
equivalent (but better) to this.

Oops - I forgot about the * after the ] ... my test recipe had this.
As for the reducdancy of .* after ^TO, I did not know this. Thank you.

The condition still does not work... any further suggestions?

You might want to know what my purpose is - well, my company has
a domain name alias which drops all mail to anything at the domain
name into a single email address on the ISP's machine. I want to
assign myself all the addresses starting with "p" (because my name
is "Peter" ... go figure) in this imaginary domain, and I have procmail
set up on the ISP's machine.
Since I am onsite, and I don't want to have to wait for the mail
pickup to dial in, read the mail, parse the mail, forward the mail,
I thought I would do things the fast way with procmail.

I guess I could limit my namespace to
p[a-z0-9-_(_dot_)]*(_at_)domain\(_dot_)name
or similar. What other characters are legal in an email address before
the @ symbol?

Thanks again.
Peter Morrison.
 --
Mild-mannered PowerHelp tech support by day (peter(_at_)astea(_dot_)co(_dot_)nz)
Super-powered Dispatch-1 legend after dark (legend(_at_)iconz(_dot_)co(_dot_)nz)