grabbing the third line of the body

1996-12-16 21:14:42

procmail is really getting to be fun.  However, I'm realizing that
I don't know an awful lot about it, and I seem to be wanting to do
things that the man pages don't seem to make reference to.

I have sent off for the "best of procmail" list and expect it soon.

Anyway, my current conundrum is this.

I get a certain mail message every day with the same subject from
the same person.  The subject itself it _not_ very helpful.  What I
would like is if I could get the third line of his email message,
dump his useless subject, and replace the subject with the third
line from the body.

It sounds easy enough, and I could do a 'head -3 | tail -1' to get
it, but I'm not sure how to get that and replace the subject without
destroying the rest of the message.

Thanks

TjL

--
Tj Luoma (luomat(_at_)peak(_dot_)org) / http://www.next.peak.org/~luomat

        *** I will be out of town from Dec 19th - Dec 31st ***