Matching repeating lines?

1997-02-10 09:07:03
I receive log information from a large number of computers.

Syslog on some machines is broken, and instead of adding a note to the
effect of "previous message repeated 271 times", it will include all 271
seperate log messages.

I don't need to see all of these.

What's the most efficient way of filtering lines that are repeated more
than <n> times?  If I was trying to match specific text, this would be
trivial, but as I'm trying to match *any* repeated text I'm not sure how
to proceed.

-- Lars

---
Lars Kellogg-Stedman * lars(_at_)bu(_dot_)edu * (617)353-8277
Office of Information Technology, Boston University