I'm having a problem with this situtation...
I have 30,000-50,000 email users. I want to setup their mailboxs like:
The maildir holds about 100 users. Each user has the proper directory
their home directory in /etc/passwd. I hacked Qpopper to allow for mailbox
delivery, but I'm having problems configuring procmail to write to the
mailbox. I've create a .procmailrc and .forward file for all directories.
I have the following questions...
1. What are the necessary permisions at each directory level?
(I've set it as - drwxrws---)
2. What should ownerships be set to?
(I've set owner to root and group to mail)
3. Does the user require ownership of the directory?
(ie. Do I have to create another level? )
4. Is what I'm trying to do even possible???
5. Am I missing something else???
Thanks in advance.