Re: lockfile -ml and -mu

1997-07-31 23:06:00
At 01:58 PM, 01 August 1997, Mitsuru Furukawa <furu(_at_)009(_dot_)com> wrote:
Is this a correct way to use lockfile as follows?

%cp /var/mail/furu furu.mbox
% --- edit furu.mbox here! ---
%lockfile -ml
%cp furu.mbox /var/mail/furu
%lockfile -mu

I occasionally need to edit mail spool
because I get "no From line" when I try to read mails using Mail/mail
while testing new procmail recipes.

That will cause you to lose any messages that are delivered while you're
editing, you should lock, copy (or just edit the original), edit, copy
back, unlock.

--
Aaron Schrab     aarons(_at_)execpc(_dot_)com
http://www.execpc.com/~aarons/