Re: Ok.....so I need help. :-)

1997-08-02 18:44:00
At 02:42 PM 8/2/97 -0500, Tim wrote:
Hello all....

I've been playing with this for an hour and I can't get it to work, so I
guess I need some help.

[snip]

       :0
       * ^Subject:.send file*
       {
       MAILDIR=$HOME/fileserver
       :0 h c
       | ($FORMAIL -rk -p ">  " -I "X-Replier: Automated response" \
               -i "From: batman(_at_)here(_dot_)com" \
               -i "Subject:automated response test for send file"; \

               FILENAME="$MATCH"
       :0 ah
               cat -c ./$FILENAME 2>&1 | $SENDMAIL -t

       }

and here is the error(s) I'm getting:

procmail: Skipped "-c ./testfile 2>&1 | /usr/sbin/sendmail -t"

I'm a bit confused myself as to exactly what you want to do here,
so I'll just note that your 3rd line of the pipe to formail continues
onto a blank line which does not continue... and at that point you
have an unbalanced left parenthesis.

Looks a bit like you might have mis-edited something.  Deleted a
line, perhaps?

I don't really want to guess why that might give you the specific message
you got (if it's indeed the problem!  :)

I don't recall seeing flags "split" by a blank  (":0 h c") before; I
have a feeling that's not the problem, but I thought I'd note it anyway.

Hope that helps,
Stan

ps - does anyone besides myself think that perhaps some sort of
a "lint" for .procmailrc files would be useful?  Even if the initial
version just checks for matching quotes, parentheses, and the like?
It's just so easy to make those silly mistakes, and then you don't
find out until your mail starts getting mis-processed.