Re: Removing pesky Subject line tags

1997-08-07 06:48:00
On Thu, 07 Aug 1997 08:33:33 -0400, Philo <philo(_at_)Radix(_dot_)Net> wrote:
At 12:39 AM 8/7/97 -0500, David W. Tamkin wrote:
| Several of the mailing lists I receive have started adding those pesky
| [LISTNAME] or {listname} tags to their Subject lines.
No kidding.  They're nuisance wastes of space on the index screen of my
incoming mail, shoving the real subject out of view.  Some of you may feel
From the LISTSERV online documentation:
<...>
In other words, if you don't like it, turn it off.
(I acknowledge that this doesn't help sysadmins who have to deal with
subordinate subscribers)

Majordomo lists have this as a list-wide setting, in which the
individual user can't do much (other than gripe to the list admin).

/* era */

--
Defin-i-t-e-ly. Sep-a-r-a-te. Gram-m-a-r.  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>
 * Enjoy receiving spam? Register at <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam.html>