Re: you know you depend on procmail when

1997-08-11 13:49:00
Timothy J. Luoma writes:

On Mon, 11 Aug 1997, Eli the Bearded wrote:

  You notice your four-line-per-message logfile has grown to
  over ten megs.

heh he.. done that.

 I have copied and modified /usr/lib/newsyslog and have a cron
 job to rotate the logs once a week ...

  You break your rc file up into several smaller ones just
  because its size was unwieldy.

just this weekend, actually.

 Been there, done that ;)

  You are archiving the procmail list for future reference.

Um.... 16 megs I think?  About 7k messages...

 More than 2k of messages since I subscribed only 3 months ago :-(

  You use your own procmail binary rather than the system one
  for added functionality.

 To be independent of server crashes ...