Re: Validation via text file

1997-08-15 01:07:00
On Thu, 14 Aug 1997 17:03:49 -0700, abagchee(_at_)notes(_dot_)borland(_dot_)com
wrote:
I want to allow senders to unsubscribe to mail lists.  I want them to be
able to send in the format
unsubscribe listname
:0i
* ^^Subject:.*unsubscribe \/[^^   ]+
I wanted to know if it was possible to validate the name of the
list($MATCH) with an entry in a text file located in the file system? This

How about something like this:

    :0
    {
        LISTNAME=`fgrep -xi $MATCH listnamefile`

        :0i
        * LISTNAME ?? .
        | whatever it is that you do to unsubscribe folks

        :0E
        {
            .... whatever you'd like to do otherwise

If you want to do anything reasonably complicated, using a real list
server is probably your best bet. SmartList is written in Procmail and
does a good job, from what I hear.

Hope this helps,

/* era */

--