Re: Mailing list problem

1997-11-10 23:30:35
At 07:18 PM, 10 November 1997, Professional Software Engineering
<PSE-L(_at_)mail(_dot_)professional(_dot_)org> wrote:
This will compress each message as it comes in (and since most are TEXT, it
does a fine job - MIME, OTOH is one of the best ways to mailbomb someone
since it doesn't compress well - but the indirect bombing via mailing lists

MIME has nothing to do with how well a message compresses.  Some
content in MIME messages may not compress well, but just the fact that
a message is MIME does not affect compression.

<general musing>
Personally, I'd like to see more lists implement an "X-Subscription-Info:"
type header - containing an email address for un/subscribe, or a URL with
said info.  Imagine the reduction in bozo messages asking how to unsub...
</musing>

I don't think it would have much affect.  People regularly ignore
unsubscribe instructions in the body, I doubt if they'd notice them in
the headers.

--
Aaron Schrab     aaron(_at_)schrab(_dot_)com      http://www.execpc.com/~aarons/
 At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer you will