Re: crap from Microsoft mail clients

1997-12-08 12:01:52
On Mon, 8 Dec 1997 09:30:15 -0500 W. Wesley Groleau x4923 wrote

On another list, someone wrote:
In its default configuration, most Microsoft email clients attach all
manner of ridiculous garbage in "WINMAIL.DAT", "VCARD.VCF", and Base64
encoded, HTML'ized, redundant full copies of the replied-to message,
etc...

I'm getting tired of this, too.  I remember an occasional blurb on this in
the past, but not having paid much attention, I'm not sure how to find it
in the archives.

Request, by private e-mail, recipes for detecting messages like this.  (I
know how to handle the response, but I wouldn't mind seeing your method
for that, too.)

Either post it or also send me a copy...

--
Chris Mikkelson
mikk0022(_at_)maroon(_dot_)tc(_dot_)umn(_dot_)edu